Honda engines are known for their quality and durability
They offer a wide range of pressure washers to choose from
The features on Honda pressure washers are unbeatable
You can find the perfect one for your needs and budget
Honda engines are the way to go if you want a top-quality pressure washer!
When it comes time to buy a pressure washer, many people automatically assume that the best ones on the market are those made by Honda engines. And for a good reason – Honda engines are some of the most reliable and long-lasting engines on the planet!
In this post, we’ll look at 3 of the best Honda pressure washers currently available. So whether you’re looking for a heavy-duty machine or something more compact, we’ve got you covered. Stay tuned for our buyer’s guide to Honda pressure washers, coming soon!
13 Interesting Facts You Didn't Know About Honda Motor Company
- In 1948, Soichiro Honda established the Honda Motor Company.
- The company began as a manufacturer of piston rings for Toyota.
- Honda’s first product was the Honda Cub, a small motorcycle that proved extremely popular in Japan.
- Honda eventually became the largest manufacturer of motorcycles in the world.
- The company entered the automobile market in 1963 with the Honda T360.
- In 1972, Honda released the Honda Civic, which remains one of the most popular cars today.
- Honda was the first Japanese automaker to build a plant in the United States, which it did in 1979.
- Honda is also known for its innovative robotics research and development.
- The company’s ASIMO robot is one of the most advanced humanoid robots in the world.
- Honda is the world’s largest internal combustion engine maker.
- The company also produces power generators, water pumps, and lawn mowers.
- Honda is the only automaker to have won the Formula One Constructors’ Championship with a car powered by a V12 engine.
- Honda is the largest shareholder of Cruise, a self-driving car company.
What Is Honda's Value Proposition?
- Honda has built a reputation for quality, reliability, and innovation.
- The company’s slogan – “The Power of Dreams” – encapsulates the company’s mission to produce products that improve the lives of people around the world.
- Honda is a truly global brand, with a presence in almost every country.
- The company’s products are synonymous with quality, and its name is often used as a verb in Japanese (Honda-suru, meaning “to do a good job”).
- Honda’s brand equity is among the highest of any company worldwide.
Honda's Customer Segmentation Analysis
- Honda’s target market is broad, encompassing everyone from first-time car buyers to experienced professionals.
- The company has a wide range of products to appeal to different demographics, including cars, motorcycles, power equipment, and robotics.
- Honda also has a strong presence in the racing world, with cars and motorcycles competing in various disciplines.
- Honda’s marketing focuses on showcasing the company’s products as fun, reliable, and technologically advanced.
- Honda also sponsors many high-profile events and athletes to raise its brand awareness.
- The company’s most notable sponsorships include the Honda IndyCar Series, Red Bull Racing, and Marc Marquez.
- Honda’s advertising often features celebrities and other high-profile personalities.
- In recent years, the company has used celebrities such as Bruce Willis, Matthew Broderick, and Amy Adams in its marketing campaigns.
Honda's Brand Personality
- Honda’s brand personality is adventurous, youthful, and innovative.
- The company’s products are designed to appeal to people looking for a sense of fun and excitement in their lives.
- Honda’s advertising often features people engaged in surfing, snowboarding, and wakeboarding activities.
- Honda is also known for its environmental sustainability initiatives.
- The company has been a leader in developing hybrid and electric vehicles.
- Honda is also working on developing self-driving cars.
About The Honda Founder
Honda’s brand personality is reflective of the company’s founder, Soichiro Honda. Honda was an engineer and racing enthusiast passionate about bringing new technologies to the masses.
Honda was born in 1906 in the village of Komyo, Japan. He began his career as a mechanic, working in a garage where he repaired and raced motorcycles. Honda eventually started his own company, which built and sold motorbikes.
Honda died in 1991 at the age of 84. He was posthumously inducted into the Automotive Hall of Fame in 1999.
Why Honda Powered Pressure Washers Are The Best?
Honda is a world leader in engines, and that leadership extends to pressure washers. Honda pressure washers are incredibly powerful and deliver a high-quality clean. They are also very durable and easy to use, making them a great choice for professional and home use.
High-Quality Engine Construction: The engine of a pressure washer can tell you a lot about how powerful, effective, and efficient it will be. Honda engines are built for durability and long-term use. Pressure washers with Honda engines are the most popular because of their dependable 4-cycle small and compact engine with a displacement range from 160cc to 390cc.
Quiet/Low Noise Spectrum: Honda pressure washers have a unique muffler design that allows for a much lower noise output than other pressure washers on the market. It is important for commercial and residential settings where noise pollution is a concern.
Amazing Features: Honda pressure washers have various features that make them even more effective and easy to use.
These features include an ergonomic design, a high-pressure hose, a detergent injection system, and a thermal relief valve.
Warranty Policy: Honda pressure washers have a warranty covering the engine and pumps for three years. That is one of the longest warranties in the industry and shows Honda’s commitment to quality.
Honda pressure washers are the best choice for those who want a reliable, powerful, and easy-to-use pressure washer. Honda pressure washers are the perfect choice for any job with their high-quality engines, low noise output, and superior added features.
Honda GC (Residential) vs. Honda GX Series (Commercial) Engines
When it comes to Honda engines, there are two main types:
- GC series
- GX series.
The GC series is designed for residential use and is the most common type of engine found in Honda pressure washers. GC engines are smaller and lighter than GX engines, making them easier to maneuver. The warranty is three months if you use the GC for commercial purposes.
The GX series is designed for commercial use and is the most powerful type of engine offered by Honda. However, GX engines are larger and heavier than GC engines, making them more difficult to maneuver. The warranties on the engines bear this out, with a three-year commercial use guarantee for the GX.
Best Honda Engine Pressure Washers
Now that you know a little bit more about Honda engines, it’s time to take a look at some of the best Honda engine pressure washers on the market.
If you’re looking for a robust and reliable pressure washer, the SIMPSON MSH3125 is an excellent option. In addition, this pressure washer is easy to start and assemble.
The MegaShot power washer is also lightweight and portable, making it easy to transport by one person. In addition, it includes quality Simpson accessories like a MorFlex high-pressure hose and five quick connect nozzle tips.
The SIMPSON MSH3125 is an excellent choice for homeowners who want a robust and reliable pressure washer. With its Honda GC190 engine, this pressure washer is also great for cleaning decks, patios, outdoor furniture, and prepping home exteriors for painting.
The Honda GX200 engine with Oil Alert provides a powerful clean for years and includes a 3-year engine warranty. In addition, the AAA Industrial triplex plunger pump with PowerBoost Technology provides consistent water flow and pump bypass mode for pump protection.
The 5/16 in. x 25 ft. MorFlex hose is non-marring, kink, and abrasion resistant, equipped with threaded fittings. The welded steel construction frame and 10″ premium pneumatic wheels make it easy to transport, set up, and load.
Finally, the 5 Quick connect nozzle tips: 0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, and soap make it easy to find the right setting for any cleaning job.
With 3600 PSI at 2.5 GPM, this washer’s high pressure and flow rate make it perfect for professional cleaning jobs. The AAA industrial triplex plunger pump is reliable. It features a sight glass and advanced oil seal technology, eliminating the need for a dipstick.
This washer is also easy to maneuver with its 10-in. pneumatic tires and comes with five quick connect nozzle tips for a variety of cleaning applications. Plus, the hose storage ensures durability, and the convenient storage for sprayer tips makes this washer even more user-friendly.
Honda vs. Kohler, Generac, and Briggs & Stratton
Pressure washer manufacturers also rely on Honda for their engines. Kohler, Generac, and Briggs & Stratton are the three primary competitors. First, select a motor and a warranty term that fits your needs. Then, compare each brand regarding engine choice, warranty coverage, and pricing.
Honda vs. Briggs & Stratton
Briggs & Stratton is a well-known brand that’s far more trusted than Honda, with an equal number of service locations. They have decreased in popularity for residential pressure washers, but professionals adore the Vanguard series from them. They are generally more pricey than the GX line, so keep that in mind, but you can’t go wrong with Briggs & Stratton.
Honda vs. Generac
Generac is a fantastic company that makes impressive engines, but their pressure washers are not as good as Honda’s. In terms of motor quality, it’s a close tie, but Honda has a better warranty and more service locations. Although Generac has lower prices overall, so keep that in mind.
Honda vs. Kohler
Kohler is a great engine manufacturer, but they don’t make pressure washers. Honda does, and they’re the better choice. Kohler engines are fantastic, but you’ll be better off with a Honda pressure washer.
Kohler is the second-largest pressure washing competitor. Honda’s presence is still five times bigger than its overall product sales. Still, Kohler offers a wide range of products with comparable characteristics and options for every work environment. Their prices are often lower, giving them an advantage, but not by much.
Comparing warranties, Generac offers the longest at five years, but it only covers the engine. Briggs & Stratton’s Vanguard series also has a five-year warranty, covering both the engine and pump. Honda’s GX series pressure washers have a three-year warranty that covers everything.
Kohler does not offer a warranty on their engines used in pressure washers.
Comparing service locations, Honda has over 8,000 authorized dealers in North America, while Briggs & Stratton has over 6,000. Generac has around 5,000 and Kohler just under 4,000.
How much does a Honda pressure washer cost?
A Honda pressure washer can cost anywhere from $400 to $2000.
The price of a Honda pressure washer will vary depending on the model and features you choose. For example, some higher-end models have more attachments and features, such as a detergent tank or an automatic shut-off system. However, suppose you’re looking for a budget-friendly option. In that case, several mid-priced models are available that still offer great features and performance.
What kind of gas does a Honda pressure washer use?
The GC and GX series are recommended to use unleaded gasoline with an octane rating of 87 or higher. Unless specifically noted, ethanol-based fuels such as E85 are not permitted.
What kind of oil does a Honda pressure washer use?
For general, all-season use on both the GC and GX series, SAE 10W-30 oil is suggested. Synthetic oil isn’t usually necessary but helps to enhance performance.
Last update on 2023-02-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Does Honda make a pressure washer?
Honda does not make a pressure washer in the US. They have two distinct Japanese models, the WS1010 and the WS1513. Still, their American power equipment division has opted not to distribute them.
However, they are one of the leading companies in producing engines for pressure washers made by other brands. So if you’re looking for a powerful machine that will clean your driveway and patio in no time, Honda is a great option.
How to start a Honda pressure washer?
The procedure varies depending on the model and size. The GX series has a standard startup process that remains the same regardless of the size. Still, the controls are different for the GC series, even between the two sizes. See below for further details regarding specific procedures:
How to start a GC160 (or GCV)
No fuel valve or switch exists. Instead, there’s a silver throttle adjustment lever (which activates the fuel pump when pulled down). Pull the choke and open the recoil starter before starting it up. Once it has warmed up, close the choke and adjust the throttle as required.
How to start a GC190 (or GCV)
There is no throttle adjustment or fuel valve. Instead, there is a red ON/OFF switch for power (which activates the fuel pump and automatically adjusts the throttle). Open the choke and pull the recoil starter after turning on the switch. After it’s warmed up, close the choke.
How to start any GX (or GXV)
There’s a power switch, a throttle adjuster, and a fuel valve. Start by opening the fuel valve, then choking and throttling the engine in that order, followed by turning on the power switch and pulling the recoil starter. Once the engine has warmed up, close the choke and make any necessary adjustments.
Last update on 2022-07-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API