You’ve finally decided to pressure wash your house. You know it needs it, but pressure washing can be expensive. Whether you’re considering renting or buying a pressure washer, many factors will determine which one is the best option for you.
Consider how often you’ll use the pressure washer when choosing an appropriate model. And what type of pressure washer (e.g., hot water vs. cold water) before deciding whether to buy or rent.
So we’ve prepared this blog post with some essential information about pressure washers and their costs. So that when deciding which way to go, all of the pros and cons are clear to you!
Is It Better to Rent or Purchase a Pressure Washer?
Pressure washing may clean decades of filth from a deck, patio, or pathway in a single day. However, the question of whether to hire or buy one ultimately boils down to how many surfaces you’ll need to clean and how often you’ll have on cleaning.
When should you rent rather than buy?
- Maintenance is not your favorite task!
- It would be beneficial if you don’t have a pressure washer for an occasional exterior cleaning.
- You don’t have access to power.
- You don’t use a pressure washer that often.
- If you only need to pressure wash every few months or less, renting is probably the way to go. It can be costly to buy a pressure washer for infrequent use, especially when maintenance is factored in.
- You don’t want to deal with the tedious chore of winterizing the washer.
- When renting a machine rather than buying one, you may save up to 75 percent. All the rental companies provide top-notch equipment, so you’re getting your work done with a 2x-3x more affordable machine.
Benefits of renting a pressure washer
- It is a budget-friendly option.
- You can use the pressure washer without having to purchase it yourself.
- Maintenance and repairs are not your headaches.
- It’s easy to get a pressure washer delivered to your home.
- You can pay more if you want to use it for an extended period than the free rental time.
- There is no penalty if your plans change and you need to cancel.
- You won’t have to worry about the correct fuel or power supply type.
- You won’t be held responsible if anything goes wrong.
Drawbacks of renting a pressure washer
- You have to pay for the entire period you are renting it.
- If your plans change, you must hire another pressure washer or forfeit the rental price.
- You need to load the pressure washer in your vehicle and remove it when you are done with it.
- Rental companies may not deliver the pressure washer to your home.
When should you prefer buying to renting?
- It would help if you had a pressure washer for more than occasional exterior cleaning jobs, such as your driveway, fence, or lawn furniture.
- There is plenty of space in your storage when it isn’t in use; you may keep it there.
- You’re afraid of causing the machine any harm or incurring penalties as a result.
- It would be beneficial to use a pressure washer for longer than a month. If you want to use it regularly over time (e.g., once every week), renting is not an option. Because monthly rental rates will quickly become prohibitively expensive compared to buying your machine that you can resell when done with it.
- If you’re planning to use the machine more than once or twice a month, it’s probably wise to buy. As long as you follow proper maintenance guidelines (e.g., drain the water between uses), buying your own will save you money in the long run. It can be costly to rent a pressure washer for more than a month at a time.
- It’s not feasible for you to rent a pressure washer in your region.
- It’s not a big deal for you to winterize the pressure washer pump.
- You have the knowledge and confidence to use the equipment correctly, and maintenance is not a difficult task from your end.
Benefits of buying a pressure washer
- It is suitable if you have several different types of projects to complete.
- You can benefit from the lower price over time if it’s only used once in a while.
- It can last for years if well-maintained.
Drawbacks of buying a pressure washer
- The average cost of the most popular gas-powered models is $350 to $400.
- It is more expensive to buy a tool that you will only use for a few projects.
- After using the equipment, you’ll need somewhere to put it down.
- Not suitable for those who don’t know how to operate the pressure washer safely and adequately.
Another alternative to renting or purchasing is to hire a specialist to complete the work for you.
When should you pay a professional to do the pressure washing for you?
- You’ve got a lot of surfaces to pressure wash.
- It’s not feasible for you to rent a machine in your region, for whatever reason.
- Hiring a professional might be your best bet if you don’t own a pressure washer and live in an area where it’s difficult to rent one.
- You’re unsure about the different cleaning solutions required based on how filthy the area is.
- You don’t have the time to tackle it on your own.
- If you’re planning on pressure washing a large number of surfaces around your home or commercial property, hiring a specialist will save you time and energy. For example, suppose your patio or driveway requires power washing due to years of neglect. In that case, it will likely take you an entire day to complete the task.
- Many people, however, do not have enough time on their schedules for such a large and time-consuming project.
It might cost anything from $110 to $350 to hire a professional.
So, Have you decided to rent one rather than purchase it or hire a professional?
Benefits of hiring a professional
- You will receive a more comprehensive cleaning of your property.
- The service is usually available on weekends, and after work hours, so it’s ideal for those who work full-time.
- If you don’t like the service, you can return your deposit and get your money back.
Drawbacks of hiring a professional
- It costs about $300 if you hire a professional pressure washing company.
- The service may not be as long-lasting as you would like.
- Your home isn’t thoroughly cleaned to your standards.
- You do not influence the method.
If so, keep reading because I will provide you with some helpful information regarding pressure washer rental prices and rental locations in the United States now.
Pressure Washer Rental Costs
- The cost to rent a hot water unit daily is $144.
- The cost to rent a heavy-duty gas unit daily is $99/day.
- The cost to rent a medium-duty unit daily is $71/day.
Different Rental Shops in the United States
- Home Depot – The rentals are available in various places and at a reasonable cost. Home Depot’s asking rental rate is competitive enough. For rent, Home Depot rents both gas and electric washing machines.
- Herc Rentals –With its wide choice of pressure washers and attachments, it covers a lot of locations.
- Sunbelt Rentals – In almost all states, there are multiple locations.
- United Rentals – A trustworthy rental firm with a wide range of pressure washers and accessories available in different capacity ranges and locations.
- Hertz Equipment Rentals – In most states, they have numerous offices.
- Burns Tools Rentals – They now serve the cities of Mishawaka, Indiana; Elkhart, Indiana; South Bend, Indiana; Niles, Michigan; and the metro area.
- Northside Tool Rental – There are currently five locations in Atlanta, Georgia.
- A To Z Equipment Rentals – There are currently four locations around Arizona.
- Aqua Tech USA –One of the best rental companies for electric pressure washers, gasoline-powered pressure washers, surface cleaners, and extension wands in New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania for Pressure Washer Rental.
- AAA Rent-All – There are currently eight locations around Louisiana.
- Rental Guys – There are five locations around Northern California.
Let’s look at each type of pressure washer rental in detail.
How Much Does It Cost to Rent a Hot Water Gas Powered Pressure Washer?
A hot water pressure washer is the best cleaning equipment since it removes any stain, dirt, slime, algae, or germs using hot water, high pressure, and soap.
You can rent them in a range of pressures and flow rates to suit your needs. The following is the cost per month for machines operating between 2,500 and 3,500 PSI. Those who were unable to walk had to be carried, often on a cart with four wheels for easy movement.
The Mi-T-M 3,000 PSI hot water power washer is available for rent from NTR (NorthSide Tools Rental) and Rental Guys for $195/day and $95/day, respectively.
Renting a Heavy-duty Gas Powered Power Washer
The heavy-duty gas-powered pressure washer comes in two types.
A heavy-duty power washer is classified as such since it has a pressure level of more than 2,800 PSI. They’re great for big tasks like driveways and garages, as well as significant projects like parking lots and schools.
- Direct drive
- Belt drive.
A 4,000 PSI belt-driven pump is used in the A To Z Equipment rental machine. The Hertz Equipment Landa machine is the most affordable, ranging from 3,000 to 3,999 PSI depending on demand.
Renting a Medium-duty Gas Powered Pressure Washer
The medium-duty gas-powered pressure washer is an excellent tool for those homes with a driveway or patio.
There are only two medium-duty washers since they have a 1,200 to 2,800 PSI pressure level.
For $90/day and $62 per day with A To Z Equipment Rentals and AAA Rent-All, respectively, you may get the 2,500 PSI belt-driven Mi-T-M pressure washer.
So why rent a gas pressure washer instead of an electric one?
- Great for significant tasks like driveways, garages, and school projects.
- Provides more power than electric models.
- Great in harsh weather conditions.
- The best option is to have many different types of projects to clean.
- Able to use hot water for tough stains and grime.
Renting an Electric Pressure Washer
Home Depot is the only store to rent an electric pressure washer. It costs $35 per day for a 1,400 PSI machine.
So, why rent an electric model rather than a gas model?
- Less noise
- It’s suitable for indoors.
- Comes in handy for small tasks like windows and cars.
- Perfect if you only want to do one project at a time.
- Reduced fumes and emissions
- You can move it to any location without the use of gas.
- Great for light-duty cleaning tasks such as decks, boats, and car washing.
- It produces no emissions, and so it’s perfect for indoor cleaning.
Pressure Washer Accessories Rental
The accessories increase the cleaning efficacy of the machine. They usually include soap nozzles, wand extensions, and surface cleaners.
The most popular add-on to hire is a surface cleaner. Home Depot charges $31 per day to $60 per day at additional locations for this attachment.
The surface cleaner is perfect for hard-to-reach areas and large surfaces, such as driveways and roofs.
A wand extension is another popular add-on. Rental Guys charge $7 per day, and NTR charges $10 per day at some locations, while Home Depot charges $10 per day at other areas.
Deposits and Damage Fees
In most situations, you will be required to provide a damage deposit before anything is done. The only website that provided price and information upfront was Home Depot, which was usually consistent with the rental cost. For example, if you leased heavy-duty equipment for $92 per day, your deposit is $125. The rental was $31 per day; it required a $50 deposit.
Rental Guys and A to Z charge $25 per day for a damage deposit. Still, you may reimburse this amount under certain circumstances.
As you can see, renting a pressure washer has many pros and cons.
It would help if you based your decision on what you need to do, how often you will be using the pressure washer, and whether you want to leave it behind or not.
The Home Depot was the only one that offered an electric machine for rent, and they had very reasonable rates. They’re also likely to be located near you.
The most delicate thing about renting a pressure washer is that you get to use a top-of-the-line machine for pressure washing. But, on the other hand, the equipment will cost you around $2,000 or more.
So what do you think? Renting or buying a new one? Let us know in the comment section.
Best Selling Pressure Washers
Last update on 2022-07-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2022-07-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API